Thursday, September 15, 2011

My God! I Have Created A Monster.

OK let's make this quick.

Facebook Killer #1 is still top of the free Kindle Uk charts. Downloads approximately 1,000 per day.
Facebook Killer #2 is
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #131 Paid in Kindle Store
 #2in Books > Fiction > Horror > Thrillers

FBK2 is number 2 in Thrillers and Horror and who stands in my way of the number 1 spot? You guessed it, the author that wrote on this blog only a couple of months ago, "Many have tried and failed to kick my arse." One of the Uk's greatest authors Mr. Stephen Leather. Keep your doors locked and windows sealed Leather, but seriously I have total respect for Mr. Leather I just wish he would allow me the number 1 spot for five minutes so that I can print it out and send it to my Aunt Doris, it would make her day. She would eventually think that I had made something of myself.

In an attempt to beat Mr. Leather I even lowered my price of FBK2, I was charging £1:14 and he is charging 99p. Yet Kindle only lowered the US price and not the UK. What chance do I have? This is turning into a David & Goliath battle.

I will be the first to admit that when FBK1 is removed from the free bargain bin my overall sales are likely to plummet. But at least they allowed me to build up my readership of which I am grateful. Today I was invited and subsequently joined the Goodread.com UK Amazon Kindle forum, it is not like my blog, it is civilized and for serious authors/readers only but well worth a look if you are truly interested in literature, Ebooks and serious discussion.

Total readership as of today: nearly 13,000. I have 14 weeks to go and need to distribute at least 5,000 books per day. Game on!

An interesting email, which I received today.

Dear Mr. Stewart,
 
    I hope this email finds you well. I preferred to message you personally but please feel free to share my opinions if you feel it is warranted.
    I have been following your Blog spot for some considerable time now. I have partaken of your three pieces of work available on Amazon, all of which I must say I enjoyed immensely. However, something just does not sit right with me. It has taken several days to come to the following conclusion and I hasten to add that I mean no offence by what I am about suggest. 
    I am, myself, a published author, in the more traditional sense than yourself and I found it a little difficult to believe that this is, as you claim, your first attempt at writing. The storylines are oustandingly powerful for an amateur and the voice, vocabulary, narrative and dialogue appear much too professional. This is where my doubts crept in. One of your reviews on Amazon stated that your grammatical errors were indeed "Schoolboyish". Which I must agree with, they are. I firmly believe that you have committed these errors on purpose to stimulate a reaction and therefore debate.
    The brand of M.L. Stewart is, for certain, a formidable one and I take my hat off to you for that, but! Please do not take this in the wrong way, I believe that you are a successfully published author who is moving into a new genre using this pen name. Whether it be due to legal ties within an existing contract? I don't know but I believe that you are XXXXXXXXXX   XXXXXXXX. with whom I played golf last year in Scotland. If I am indeed correct I shall mention the matter no more, if by chance I am mistaken then I can only say bravo to you Sir and I expect you to be President of The Anarchist Authors Association by this time next year.
 
Kindest regards
XXXXXXXXXXX    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ML Stewart replied: I only know one thing to do with a golf club and that isn't to hit a ball.

Goodnight my friends,
MLS

Oh and by the way Mr. Leather. BRING IT ON!


1 comment:

SBJones said...

Impressive accomplishment. One day my sales ranking will be as impressive!

Now where is book 3?