Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's finished...I've done it and now I am going to get very, very drunk!!!

THE FACEBOOK KILLER: Part 2 has now been uploaded and awaiting it's live status on Kindle. Thank God, my goodness how I have toiled, smoked, punched myself in the face, threatened to kill anyone making a noise on the beach in front of the villa and generally deteriorated into a wreck finishing that book. The latest reviews vary from "you are one sick bastard" to "you are god." Personally, I prefer the former description.

Part One has now been downloaded or read by some 6,500 people. I just hope that I haven't given them any ideas. And so, as my experiment continues into its third month, I have a total readership of almost 7,000. OK so there are some typos in part one, but I am a passionate guy. I don't have time to read my own book 100 times before I publish. I write, smoke, drink and publish. Battaboom battabing. Typos are for my editor to sort out when I eventually get a publishing deal. If?

The Facebook Killer isn't just a story it is a serious warning. Let me give you another example. A colleague of mine flew over to visit last week. We began talking about the whole social networking thing. We ended up having a bet for £1,000 that I couldn't track someone down within ten minutes from any site, never mind Facebook.

One unsuspecting young lady had posted a message on a site called "visit croatia". He picked this randomly. Firstly she told me that she was going to the country in a camper van on a certain date in August. Her first mistake? Her user name was the same as her Ebay account. Within 2 minutes I knew what size clothes she wore, how big her feet were and her husbands, I knew that they were rockers. I even had pictures of the plastic crockery they would be using whilst sitting outside of their camper van. I had pictures of the van and the registration number.

My colleague offered me another £5,000 if we went together and actually tracked them down, an offer I refused. But you see how simple and dangerous it is.

I have now started work on my third novel. I am on my 42nd keyboard and typing with my toes in the vain hope that my fingers will grow back.

Regards
ML Stewart.

BTW thank you emma80 for your comment. I've never been compared to a woman before.

Absolutely amazing part one can't wait for part two And would definitely buy the full edition. With the writing skills in this book I will definitely be reading more of your stuff - haven't found an author I've enjoyed this much since Patricia Cornwall - gripping story line. Well done x

3 comments:

SBJones said...

Congratulations on getting it out the door.

Anonymous said...

Typos are absolutely your problem. I blog regularly about ebooks, and am plugged into a large network of others who do, and I know none of us would EVER promote a book that had known typos---and an author so cavalier about them. And I know I, as a buyer, would never plunk down cash for such a book. 7,000 downloads when the book is free is very nice, but you won't grow that audience---or maintain them, really---if your book isn't up to snuff, and if you don't care about it. Your editor's job to sort out? What editor? YOU are the editor! Make the time, or you'll get thrashed when the reviewers get their hands on this.

emma80 said...

So what if he's got typos it's a bloody good read and I've read!