Monday, September 12, 2011

Dear Anonymous...

The last person I remember who got their knickers in a twist lost both legs through lack of blood circulation. I refer to the below comment...
 
Typos are absolutely your problem. I blog regularly about ebooks, and am plugged into a large network of others who do, and I know none of us would EVER promote a book that had known typos---and an author so cavalier about them. And I know I, as a buyer, would never plunk down cash for such a book. 7,000 downloads when the book is free is very nice, but you won't grow that audience---or maintain them, really---if your book isn't up to snuff, and if you don't care about it. Your editor's job to sort out? What editor? YOU are the editor! Make the time, or you'll get thrashed when the reviewers get their hands on this.
By Anonymous


Now let's get something straight. I wrote a story on my computer. I placed it on Kindle. Kindle threw it into their bargain bin for free and 7,500 people downloaded it...FOR FREE! I admit that I relied too heavily on my spellchecker. I have a perfect grasp of the English language and yes I am ashamed that there are typos (which is an Americanism I believe) but let's not get into that, let us call them spelling or grammatical errors. These will be corrected over the course of the next few days.

I am not an author of note. I don't ever expect to be. I am not a threat to you or your kind. I live a quiet life in a beach house. I write to try and make someone, somewhere, happy. If I receive 1000 negative reviews, this won't matter as long as I receive one good review. I don't want to take your awards as Writer Of The Year. I don't want to knock you off the number three spot. But do you know what sets us apart, people like you and I?  Let me tell you.

Firstly: I have lived my entire life surrounded by crooks, robbers, kidnappers and murderers. I am not a bullshit author who writes what he/she thinks will sell, the current hot genre. I am not one of the Guy Ritchie's of this world who wouldn't know a real gangster if he shot them in the head. I have pedigree, I write from the heart and my knowledge of the subject, allbeit with a few spelling errors, for which I apologise again.

Secondly: The readers may find The Facebook Killer: Part 2 not to their liking (like the plug?). But all I can say is that I tried my best.

Lastly and most importantly: Can you understand this? TXT U 2MOZ. The world is changing. Are semi-colons and colons so vital anymore? If I write the city of Lindon, do you realise that I actually meant London? Of course you do. So get off your high horse and tell your network of Ebook bloggers to go ind fcuk themselffs.

More importantly than the last most importantly: The one thing that seperates me from any of you boys out there is this...I DO NOT READ. I don't read other people's books, I don't watch movies, I don't speak to anyone. I am never influenced by anyone else. When you read my stories you are reading my mind and If I have to apologise for that then so be it.


Regards,
ML Stewart.

P.S: For those of you reading this post, I am sorry for the tone but my Mother died today. Bad timing Anonymous. BTW next time you leave a comment Big Man use your real name and let us all know your pansy blog address.

6 comments:

Kate Aaron said...

clearly not everyone agrees with anon, judging by your sales figures for Part 2:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #216 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#3 in Books > Fiction > Horror > Thrillers
#3 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Horror
#69 in Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers


very, very well done!

SBJones said...

My condolences for the loss of your mother. Keep at it and do what they cannot. Distribute half a million books.

Marcus Blakeston said...

I wouldn't worry too much about critics, though I wouldn't go out of my way to antagonise them either :)

Can I ask how you got it to be free on Amazon? I tried to get a couple of Punk Faction stories on there for free a while ago by getting them to price-match Smashwords but they just took them off.

Booker said...

Do you not care about your mother?
Why are you even online at a time like this?
Go comfort the rest of your grieving family...

George said...

What you say about your uninfluenced, virginal life or the death of a parent is irrelevant. Invest less time in online ranting and fix your typos because as a self-publisher and author, you are your own editor/proofreader.

Gary said...

"The one thing that seperates me from any of you boys out there is this...I DO NOT READ. I don't read other people's books, I don't watch movies, I don't speak to anyone."

Now, if you would just stop using the computer or the internet the world would be a better place.