Tuesday, September 20, 2011

13,000 Kindles In The UK?

... I wonder how many of those are stolen?

I have a new email address: ml.stewart@yahoo.co.uk If anyone wants to email me please feel free to do so,  I'll tell you why. I spent some time yesterday browsing through some other authors' blogs and to be perfectly honest, between you and I, most of them are pretty f**king boring. Banging on and on about... "my latest book has been #10 in the New York Times Bestseller list for the past 98 days, 3 hours and 12 seconds." Some of them are more pompous than others, but I couldn't find one that actually tried to have a laugh like a real person. I assume most of my regular blog-watchers realise that I am a very tongue-in-cheek kind of psychopath.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm never going to make a lot of money from my books, but that doesn't matter. One thing I am bloody sure about is that if I am going to be glued to a computer screen for hours every day writing stories, I am not going to spend my spare time taking myself too seriously. Even if I only have 500 people to read each of my books, a loyal band of sickos, then I'll be happy. That is the reason for the new email address, so that you don't have to go via Marco my "mailman" anymore. It's a direct line but the IP address is re-routed so if you work for Interpol, don't get too excited.

I think my accountant is taking the piss, I went to the garden centre yesterday to choose my cactus, the owner just laughed when I told him how much I had to spend. "Piss off," I told him, "Do you know how much you earn selling a book on Kindle?" I asked. After much negotiation, I manged to leave a cash deposit on the smallest cactus he had. It is a little shrivelled but he says that he'll water it for the next three months until I can afford to pay the balance. I've named it Rooney.

So what am I working on now? I hear you all cry with eager antici.........pation. (Apart from my spelling and grammar skills?) Well, I have begun to write a book which I planned a few years ago. It is something I feel passionately about, I'm not going to give you any ideas in case someone else steals the idea. It's set a few years from now in Britain. The working title is UKI. I have completed the first two chapters and I'm hammering away every day now. I am quite caught up in it (Oh Oh more grammar mistakes) If you liked FBK then I hope you will like this. It is a totally different story, I know I will probably be criticised for not sticking to a specific genre but I am the President of the Anarchist Authors Association (or I will be when it's formed). Don't worry gore fans, I will include some especially for you.

One reason that I writing UKI is because the scenario will happen one day, as will FBK. There will, undoubtedly one day be a real-life Dermott Madison. The Sunday Club, also, a robbery which we planned but never took place. The most ingenious robbery that anyone would dare to carry out. I want 50% by the way if anyone gets away with it.

Anyway, your bosses don't pay you to surf the internet. Get back to work, it's people like you that have made the economy what it is.

Regards
ML Stewart
ml.stewart@yahoo.co.uk 

FBK3?








Let's be brief about distribution. (These figures are from the last six weeks of this insane experiment and include a vast amount of free books)

KINDLE
FBK 1:  13,281
FBK 2:  582
SC: 82

SMASHWORDS
FBK 1: 490
FBK 2: 3 (only went live last night)
SC: 49

TOTAL DISTRIBUTION: 14,487.
Only another 485,513 to reach my goal.

No comments: