Monday, September 19, 2011

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Flattery...

...but in this case, I am a little less than flattered. I suppose I ought to feel proud that I have my very own stalker, a thing I had always associated with the rich and famous, the Beckhams and Pitts of this world. To me, this is indicative of our decline in social standards and moral values, when someone decides to stalk someone on a rung of the ladder as low as myself. What am I talking about? Well, my Chief Of Internet Security has brought to my attention the fact that someone, somewhere, has posted a comment or two on certain forums, signing themselves ML Stewart. Now let’s get this straight. If I wish my reputation to be sullied any further than it already is, I am quite capable of doing so myself, I don’t need anyone else’s help. So, please, STOP! Or you will be found and the boys will drastically reduce the length of your fingers. The only blog that I write, or comment on, is this one, so if anyone spots comments on another author’s blog or a forum not related to Ebooks, it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I may behave in a rather strange manner but I know when to draw the line.

That aside, FBK 2 has made it into the Amazon Top 100, earlier today it was placed at #54. It is still sitting in the #2 spot for Thrillers and Horrors. I will update distribution levels in my next blog.

Julie Wrote: Hi there
I,ve just finished reading The Facebook Killer books and just wanted to say I thought they were brilliant, I couldnt put them down!  My daughter thinks these have been made into a film, I,ve had a look on google but cant find it, is there a film version out? and is there going to be a part 3?? :-)
Many thanks for a great read
Julie


I have received three emails regarding the film version of “The Facebook Killer”, mentioned at the end of the book. Unfortunately this is fictional, for now. As for the questions regarding a Part 3 of FBK, I know, commercially, it is a good move, but I think I will leave it there. After all, who ever talks about Jaws 2?

Today I have sent one lonely copy of FBK off to an unsuspecting agent in London. I have decided to try the approach of making them feel special, whether it will work or not remains to be seen.

The Sunday Club, my first book, remains in the Amazon Top Million and sales are picking up a little in the UK. It received its first 4½ star review and guess what, it contains some grammatical errors, no surprise there then. So starting tomorrow, amongst everything else going on in my insane life, I must proof read it again, besides that I am going to buy a primary school book on grammar and possibly splash out on a dictionary while I’m at it. 

I had a meeting on Saturday with my accountant and he informs me that with my earnings from Kindle so far, I can afford to buy a new pair of curtains for one of the bedrooms and a pot plant, he suggest a small cactus would be appropriate. I was heartened to hear him say that if sales remain at this level, by Christmas I will be able to afford a table cloth and then, hopefully by Easter, a table to place underneath it. I am just flushed with excitement; the decision of what to spend all of my earnings on is indeed a tricky one.

Gary wrote: "The one thing that separates me from any of you boys out there is this...I DO NOT READ. I don't read other people's books, I don't watch movies, I don't speak to anyone."

Now, if you would just stop using the computer or the internet the world would be a better place.

ML Stewart replied: That’s funny, I like it, it’s the sort of thing that I would say. My quote about not reading seems to be have been misunderstood by some parties. It doesn’t mean that I can’t read. I just don’t want to read other people’s books. I don’t want any outside influence, so that in a year or so, someone can say “He stole that idea from such and such,” what I might do is steal someone’s use of correct grammar, that’s not a crime.

Anyway, enough drivel for one day, back to work.

Thanks for looking by,

ML Stewart,
P.S.  I hate cacti.

ml.stewart@yahoo.co.uk



3 comments:

CT said...

Have you thought about putting a private message option on your blog? Would be nice to ask you something's in private. Maybe an e-mail address.

Book was amazing, loved it, yet to get part 2, can't wait til I can.

Thanks

SBJones said...

Not reading won't help. At least not for that lady who is suing about the book "the help". It's not quite the same but close enough.

I gave you the book two years ago with a thank you letter.

So, I didn't read it.

WTF you're suing me. Statue of limitations is past.

Nope, because I don't read bitch *snaps fingers sassy*

Uggg. How about a fudgesicle?

gedhart said...

Hi ML

Just a quick note to say that I thoroughly enjoyed FBK1 & FBK2. I've been reading your blogs with amusement and interest, and I've given both of the books 5-star reviews on Amazon (current awaiting review).

I've bought The Sunday Club and am just about to start reading this, and I'll give an honest review of this when finished.

Your writing style on the FB books is refreshing! I'm hoping I won't be disappointed with your latest offering.

If it's any consolation, I'd have paid more than 86p for FBK2, and I'm hoping that my total meager contribution of £1.72 helps, lol!

Well done and keep up the good work. You've got a new reader :)