Sunday, July 24, 2011

When I first began this experiment, my index fingers measured eight centimetres long...

....... I now have four and a half fingers on each hand. I went to see my doctor today and he estimates that I will be typing with my elbows by Christmas.

Quick Update (after all, it is Sunday):

Facebook Killer is flying out of smashwords again, free of charge, it now has 225 readers. It sold one more on Kindle too. The Sunday Club is stagnant. I mean, what do you expect for 99 cents?

On authonomy.com my books are still in the top one million. Sunday Club had jumped 300 place to rank 3701. It is being backed by one of the top-ranking reviewers and FB Killer has jumped 70 places to rank at 4194. Remember if either book makes it into the top 5 at the end of the month, it will be passed to HarperCollins International editors for review. Looking at the current books in the top 5 this will take around 6 months. Or in my case, 6 years. It looks like you require around 300 backers of your book to make it into the top 5. Tomorrow, I will join in the ranks of the spammers.

Total readership after 20 days: 247 people on Kindle and Smashwords. 20 daily readers of the blog (Welcome Fiji, Indonesia and the Phillipines) and an unknown quantity on authonomy.com.

Take this average over a year and I will have 4,872 readers and no arms.

Is it possible to type with your toes?

No comments: