Thursday, July 21, 2011

If The Mountain Won't Come To Muhammad...

.... then we have to chloroform Muhammad, bundle him into the back of a stolen car and dump him at the foot of the mountain. I'm not sure if that was the exact wording of the original phrase. but I'm sure I'm pretty damn close.

Now, I'm sure that by now you are all bored with me going on about free books, slow sales etc? ....... all together now.... YES! We are... you boring ****. 

Well, I spent most of today searching for further real-life agents from whom I could receive rejection slips for my growing collection. Some were still accepting unsolicited submissions, some weren't and many stated that they were accepting manuscripts except from M.L. Stewart. During my hunt for a victim, I stumbled across the HarperCollins Publishing site. Now, obviously, they don't accept submissions but they do recommend http://www.authonomy.com/.

Regular readers of this blog will remember some time ago, I posed the question "why don't any of the large publishing houses have an ebook department, which would work side-by-side and the "best-selling" or "most popular" authors could be offered a publishing deal?" Well, it looks like I'm not the only genius on the planet, because that is exacly what this site is. Basically you upload you book, bio, cover page (just like smashwords or Kindle but you can't charge for it), readers and other authors review it and each month, the five best-reviewed books are read by HarperCollins editors and then they submit their own review, or to the very lucky/talented, you get a deal. I won't go into too much detail because there FAQ section covers everything, down to the colour of toilet roll they use in their offices.

So I spent the rest of the day doing that. The Sunday Club is up their in it's full glory, like a dead sheep caught on a barb-wire fence waiting for the vultures. But, seriously, in the name of science and this experiment, I would ask your consideration in visiting The Sunday Club on authonomy.com and giving it a review, after reading it of course. The ratings are from 1 to 6, the latter being preferable. It is currently ranked number 4370 in the charts. I will keep you updated. Let me just repeat the point here, this is an Ebook channel into an established publishing company.

I sold one more book on Kindle UK today...Thanks Mum.

For the next few days, I will concentrate on the authonomy.com route. Please support me on this guys. Bloody Hell! I'm doing all the hard work for you.

BTW I put the car on the market. Ferrari for sale.

That's about all I have time for right now, I have to help Obama sort out his debt problems.

P.S. Don't forget to tell your friends.

No comments: