Sunday, July 3, 2011

Can you feel the tension mounting.........? I thought not.

                                              Day 2 in the Kindle Experiment House.

   Well I can, at least, inform you of some progress, small though it may be. The post I placed on the Kindle authors' site has attracted 94 views, which in turn led to 10 people reading this blog, which developed into 4 followers of the blog. It's a start. I'm happy.
    Q: So what have I learned? A: To expect a 4% return from posting on KDP forums. That thread is now on page 2 and I am not going to bump it. This is not an exercise in spamming my books.
    This time yesterday, I was an unknown, just another self-published author without an audience. 24 hours later I have a following of four and I have sold one more book on Kindle US (Thank you).
    For those authors who don't have a blog, let me just show you something from the Stats option.

                        The chart above shows where my blog-viewers are. Asia, Europe, USA & Canada.

    So, 24 hours and 19 MB later, I am beginning to feel that I have some control of the situation. Now, at this stage, I don't expect miraculous sales to occur overnight, afterall I have another 173 days to go. On the downside, that means I have to sell an average of  2,890 books per day, starting today. Can it be done? Let's see!
    The plan today? I will start posting on public forums, afterall they are my target audience. Earlier I tried to input on the Kindle UK forum but you are not allowed unless you have already purchased something from Amazon, and guess what? You have to be resident in the UK to buy any of their e-books. I'll try and find an inexpensive way around that.
    Now I am asking myself the same thing you probably are; if we are supposed to blog and self-promote ourselves, when do we have time to continue writing? Well, my posts, which I am about to attack the book-buying public with, are all on my desktop, it's going to be a simple case of cut-and-paste. 
    By this time tomorrow, I hope to have sold some more books and doubled my following on this blog from 4 to 8. In the meantime, I am still working on the first installment of a book which will cause controversy. Why? Because it is supposed to. I intend to try out the theory that all publicity is good publicity.

Stay tuned, and thanks for your support.
   
   

2 comments:

Stephen Leather said...

I love your optimism..... me, I've sold 300,000 since last Christmas and even I'm not convinced I'll hit 500,000 by next Christmas!

Kate Aaron said...

I love this idea, I've just shared your blog with my 700 friends on fb. You never know, you might get some response!