Thursday, October 13, 2011

72 Days Until Xmas...Can It Be Done?

I am frustrated today so take cover......NOW!

My latest piece of what I like to generally class as “trash fiction” should be almost finished now. I am up to 45,000 words, but it’s not, it’s barely half way through. It was supposed to be a “novella” (to the non-author readers, that means I couldn’t be arsed writing a full-length book) but it’s developing into an epic of massive proportions. I could release it in two parts? Hmmmmm... cheeky. I don’t know, I’ll let Norman decide, it’s his turn to write tomorrow.

Here is my first draft of a highly controversial cover for, what I hope will be, a slightly controversial book.



 

 FBK2 sales are now at 4200 and still selling around 120 - 150 daily. (sellthrough 19% and rising)
 FBK1 -22,100
 SC -220

Readership of 27,000 +
Revenue of around $2,700 in the last 5 weeks.



I received this email today from HarperCollins Publishers. (authonomy.con sorry com)

OCT 2011
Authonomy Announces Digital Imprint

Dear authonomites
As some of you may have noticed, new faces have been popping up
behind the virtual authonomy gates. Last month we announced that
Scott Pack, Publisher at The Friday Project, had been appointed the
new head of authonomy.com; Scott stepped onboard with this primary
objective: to ensure that more of the great books on the site get
published.

TODAY, WE'RE THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE THAT AS PART OF THIS INITIATIVE, SCOTT WILL BE LAUNCHING A DIGITAL PUBLISHING PROGRAMME DEDICATED TO AUTHONOMY'S BEST AUTHORS!

The books will be hand-picked by the Scott and the authonomy
Editorial Board, worked on by HarperCollins' finest publishing teams,
and published as HarperCollins digital originals across all possible
devices. This new HarperCollins list will look to publish one book a
month, starting in January 2012. Most importantly, all of the titles
will have been discovered on the authonomy.com website and will be
published digital originals. The bestselling titles will go on to
have print editions.

Isn’t that big of them? Isn’t this what we are doing for ourselves? Self-publishing. It’s free! I don’t quite get where HC are coming from with this. Keep the advertising revenue generated from their site, perhaps?

My accountant hasn't been seen for over a week now. The local police Inspector, who takes a thousand Euros a month to look after my garden, says that there are no suspicious circumstances, all debts are cancelled and Rooney the cactus is coming home. What more can a man ask for?

That's all for today my friends

MLS



1 comment:

SBJones said...

I want to hear from the cactus on its ordeal.